Friday, May 22, 2009

Permanent Residence for Parents of U.S. Citizens

If you are a U.S. citizen and you have a parent (or parents) who would like U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card"), you can petition for them. If your parent is outside the United States, your parent will need to apply for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your parent's home country after the petition has been approved. If your parent is in the United States and is currently in a valid nonimmigrant status, it may be possible to file your parent's application for adjustment of status simultaneously with your immediate relative petition.

For more information about filing an immediate relative petition for a parent and the requirements for your parent to obtain U.S. permanent residence, please contact my office at 651-209-3269.

1 comment:

  1. Reuniting families is one of the most important objectives in U.S. immigration law. Every year, thousands of U.S. Citizens & Permanent Residents petition for their spouses, children, parents or siblings to become a permanent resident.

    US Entry Waiver